Me before you by Jojo Moyes

Me Before You: A Novel - Jojo Moyes, Susan Lyons, Anna Bentink, Steven Crossley

Another one by Jojo Moyes. After The one plus one, I was left wanting to read more of her works so I gave this one a try.

Even if it is a different story, I'm starting to see a pattern with her works. Rich and handsome male protagonist, young, kind of eccentric and in need of money female protagonist.

Even if I liked the story, I'm not very fond of females protagonists victim of life, that solves all her problems when a handsome man comes to the rescue.

Many times Lou's character annoyed me, it seemed so conformist, stuck in a loveless relationship and often mistreated by her sister and family. (even if they were trying to be humorous, the jokes Lou's father made about her were not funny, that's bullying).

What I did like was that the story itself is pretty original, is not often we see a quadriplegic protagonist (and love interest).

Is interesting to see the development of their relation, from barely tolerance, to friendship and love, that even if it's not "unrequited" it can't be fully requited either.

Maybe many readers prefer the ending to be different, but I think that the choice the author made was perfect, it made the story more real, more human.