The catcher in the rye

The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger

After years and years of wanting to but never doing it, I finally read “The catcher in the rye”.  Once I started I couldn’t stop.

I loved it, I really did. I needed it so much. The weird thing is, even if I loved the book from beginning to end, and wondered what took me too long to started it,  I’m glad I haven’t read it before.

Do you believe that some things are supposed to be in a certain way? I think if I have read it some time ago it wouldn’t be the same.

It was so good, it was as if I was sharing my loneliness with someone, like if it were someone who understand what I’m going through, someone who understands me. When I finished I felt that I took a weight off my shoulders. Like if this loneliness, this deception is going to pass.

I’m so happy I was able to read it, and I’m looking forward to read it in its original language. In English will be even better.

Now I know why still is one of the greatest books ever written. And if still is someone who haven’t read it, I highly recommend to do it, you will not regret it.