Extremely loud & Incredibly close by Jonathan Safran Foer

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer

Extremely beautiful and incredibly sad would be the most appropriate name. Back and forth, from present to past and from past to present, typical Safran Foer, we see life through the eyes of a child with a mission, a sculptor who doesn’t sculpts, a grandmother who was mother and sister before , we realize that the tragedies not only happen in the movies, that in our attempt to move forward we cross our roads with thousands and thousands of people, and that every one of them has a different story to be told, a story waiting for anyone who is willing to listen.

There’s something in the way of writing of this author that I just love. From page to page you pass from laughter to tears as if it were the most normal thing in the world. Its main characters end up stealing your heart with its often eccentric personalities and their life stories break it a little. I did not think I was going to like this book so much and I’m glad I give it a chance even after seeing the film because the film adaptation does not compare to the original story and you could even say it’s totally different from this.